Just like most things in life, if you do not take proper care of your teeth, they will just go away. Tooth loss is a normal thing for kids, as they lose their milk teeth early on in their life. But an adult losing his teeth is the result of tooth decay, or some form of injury or a periodontal disease.
Previously, losing your teeth and all its chewing and biting abilities was normal as one grew older. Now, however, with newer technologies, there are various methods out there that replace missing teeth and help with oral hygiene so you don’t lose teeth in the first place.
Cause of tooth loss -|
Understanding the reasons for the loss of teeth will help you be more aware of your dental health and take better care of it. This Dentzz review lists a few things that can cause tooth loss-
- Poor dental care
This includes not brushing your twice every day, or not using the correct techniques while brushing. This can lead to gum diseases or cavity problems. It is also advisable to visit your dentist at least twice annually to get your teeth and mouth checked out.
- Poor nutrition
Eating a lot of sugar, acid or carbohydrate containing foods is harmful for your teeth and gums. It can lead to tooth decay.
- Poor habits
Grinding your teeth today can have a big impact on their life span.
- Contact sports
Contact sports can injure your jaws and cause physical damage.
Consequences of tooth loss –
Tooth loss will obviously hinder your day to day activities and also cause health related problems. It also affects self-esteem as missing teeth can completely change how you look. Listed below in this Dentzz review are a few consequences of loss of teeth
- Problems in speech and speaking.
- Problems in chewing food. Even if you get dentures, you will have to avoid certain kinds of food.
- Social anxiety, which may further lead to introvert tendencies and fear of going out.
- Stiffening and pain in the jaw.
Tooth replacement techniques –
Technology has come a long way, you can now replace one or more of your teeth. Have a proper discussion with the dentist before deciding which is the best course to be taken-
- Dental implants are the most common and definitely the most comfortable solution to loss of teeth.
- Partial or complete dentures are a cheap solution that will replace your teeth effectively. They are not as comfortable as implants, however.
A fixed bridge, something that fuses 3 or more crowns together, makes your teeth look very natural