There are several people who have to get their teeth extracted because of damage or decay. While most people don’t bother about getting an implant, there are others who would not like showing missing teeth when they smile. Most people consider dental implants surgery in India to be a painful and expensive procedure. As far as pain is concerned, you needn’t worry because during the procedure you will be given a local anaesthetic or IV or oral sedation. This will make the region where the surgery is to be done completely numb. As far as the cost is concerned, an implant is a lifelong investment and is sure to improve your smile and overall look. So even if you have to shell out a few extra bucks, the results are totally worth it.
If you are looking for dental implants in India, you can easily get it done. However, there are a few things that you must know about dental implants, so that you are well prepared for the surgery.
- Dental implants are better than dentures
The other alternatives for implants are bridges and dentures. In bridges, two adjoining teeth are filed together. This makes both teeth weaker and susceptible to damage. Dentures usually do not fit well and can interfere with taste.
Dental implants involve the fixing of a titanium screw at the base of the tooth. It then functions similar to the roots of the tooth.
- All implants are not the same
There are different kinds of implants. Most dentists use the Swedish manufactured implants. Check with your dentist what kind of implant he is using, before the surgery.
There are a number of dentists in Mumbai who can successful conduct a dental implant surgery for you. Before choosing a dentist, however, go through the following steps to pick out the right dentist for yourself.
- Ask for recommendations: Consult your family and friends for references of good dentists that they know of
- Check the dentist’s credentials to know of his educational qualifications and memberships in the IDA and ADA.
- Check what kind of infrastructure his clinic is equipped with. Check if he uses digital lasers and oral cameras during examination.